Lately–as I’ve mentioned on the Total Party Thrill podcast–I’ve been running a Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader game using Fantasy Flight Games’ Dark Heresy Second Edition system. Rather than members of the Inquisition, as Dark Heresy is designed for, the player characters make up the crew of a Rogue Trader vessel. We had to lightly reskin and reflavor a few items, but it has been an overall smooth conversion, but one mechanic has stuck in my craw since the first game of Dark Heresy we ran in 2014: item acquisition.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Iblis Prime: A Homebrew Planet for Rogue Traders and Other Adventurers
- Unearthed Arcana: Mass Combat, Simplified
- Character Backstory: Rasputin Goldfingers, the Halfling Gambler
- This Theater is Loving It: One Man Livetweets PAX West’s Acquisitions, Inc. Event
- Analyzing D&D 5E’s Unearthed Arcana Revised Ranger